Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well.. we are a few days into the new year and it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted anything.
Christmas turned out to be way better than I had imagined. We were able to visit with many family members and spend some quality time with my Grandma; however, visiting with Grandma Rose is both good and bad. Good because she loves to tell stories about when she was younger, tell us her thoughts and feelings on Vera family issues and most of all she loves Traci. :-) From the first time that Grandma Rose met Traci, she knew she was a special person and always makes a point of telling us.


The first time Grandma met Traci


Me, Mom and Traci

Traci in Paradise

I said that visiting with Grandma can be bad too and the reason I say that is that she thinks I have been gaining weight at a constant rate since 1991. She will hug me, look me up and down and then the words "Gordo" come out of her mouth. She isn't mean when she says it, she is just pointing out the fact that I appear to be occupying more space. Christmas was no exception... I am Gordo and getting more Gordo for 15+ years and running.

2008: Unfortunately, we welcomed in the new year with some hacking, sneezing and a double shot of NyQuil. My cold didn't start until the day we arrived back in Kansas and Traci's started Dec. 30th. We watched the ball drop on the East Coast and then turned in for the night. It was pretty pathetic considering my mother stayed up longer than us to ring in the new year.

I have never been into resolutions. I feel that I make plenty of changes throughout the year and making one on this particular day makes me feel like I am making a resolution just to make one. I am definitely not against them and feel that for some people they can be life changing especially around the new year as I know some people treat the new year like a starting block for the next 365 days. **Sorry... just a random thought that came to my head

I did make a commitment to run the Lincoln Half Marathon on May 4th. I ran it last year with my friend Cari from Nebraska where we both agreed to a 10 min. mile pace and trained separately. We almost didn't get to run the race last year as a monster lightening storm settled in over Lincoln and there was concern over the lightening. I did my 10 min. miles and she ran it a bit faster as she is not as Gorodo as me. My official training starts tomorrow and I hope to better my time by 30 seconds per mile. I will keep you all posted on my progress. When complete this, I am considering running the LA Marathon next year. This will be my 3rd running...

I want to wish you all the best year ever!! If you made a resolution, STICK TO IT!!!

Love Bill and Traci

No comments: