Monday, February 11, 2008

Here Kitty Kitty

This past weekend we were invited to partake in a yearly celebration with some of our friends. Every year, Lai and Billy have a Chinese New Year Party and this year was no excepion. We had been invited in the past;however, this was our first time attending.

2008 is officially known as they Year of the Rat in the Chinese Zodiac. There are a total of 12 animals in Chinese Astrology: Rat, ox, rabbit, Tiger, Dragon, Snake,Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig. I was born during the year of the sheep and Traci during the year of the horse.


Bill, Traci and Lai

The party consisted of LOTS of homemade Chinese food, 15-20 friends, bubble tea, too many deserts and some Chinese Karoke being piped through a laptop computer. I brought a bottle of Sake that I had been holding onto for about 18 years. I figured there was no better time than a Chinese celebration to crack open the Japanese beveage. I won it while on the island of Okinawa in 1990 participating in a sumo-wrestling contest. I beat three people and won two bottles of Sake. I was finally beat by one of the local sumo champs.

Me, Lai and Bill enjoying some warm Sake

Someone cooking da bird

Beef or Chicken... I swear

Egg with shrimp

If you ever have the chance to attend a Chinese New Year event, by all means, do it!


Zai Jian (good bye)

Bill

No comments: