Thursday, July 10, 2008

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

Yeah, that's right, I said Party!! The weekend of June 27th Traci experienced a birthday milestone. She turned 30 and we celebrated until the wee hours of the morning. As most of you already know, it is next to impossible to keep a secret from Traci so I didn't even try to keep the fact that I was throwing her a party from her. The party was supposed to be a dual-30's party but her partner in aging was unable to make it down from Rapid City, South Dakota. We poured a beer in B.J.'s honor.

B.J and Traci "Brain Brothers"

I managed to keep one small secret from her. Her Dad and Debbie were coming down with her sister and she had NO CLUE. I almost blew the secret when I told Traci that Nikki was about an hour away from the house. Once I said that detective Traci went to work: Where did she call from, how did she call, she doesn't have a cell phone, Dave wouldn't let her use his phone, was there someone with her her, what was the number she called from... She went on and on. I finally mumbled something about she might have borrowed a phone and walked out of the room. I am not a very good liar and she would have seen it in my face. :-)

Nikki and Traci

I invited a whole slew of people from all walks of life... School mates, family, friends, people she likes to hang out, ect. Jamie, her K.C. B.F.F, came over early on Saturday to help me decorate the house and ensure that there were some girly touches. I kept busy setting up the Bocce Ball court in the backyard, picking up the keg, food and birthday cake. It all came together nicely as the birthday guests started arriving around 2pm.

Hanging out on the deck
Jamie and I running the Bocce Ball court (I think)

As the night progressed, people milled about, drank beer, ate food and played games. Traci received one of the most unique gifts that night from Tommy and Craig. It was a chicken that hopped around and did the chicken dance. The only way to stop if from hopping around was to grab it by its neck and once you did this it did the most incredible thing. It gagged and choked until you let it go. I knew it was time to shut down the party after we were sitting around choking the chicken at 2am on the back porch. If you are wondering, yes, the chicken was just as funny the next day.

Evidence that she aged
Evidence that she still needs to grow up
She huffed and puffed
YEAH!! Cough Medicine

The chicken before we knew about the neck thinggy. 5 p.m

2 a.m. shutting down the dancing chicken


In honor of the brain brother who could not make it (B.J.)

For those of you who were able to make it out for the birthday celebration, we are thankful for you coming out. For those of you who could not, there will be many more.

Thanks and may your birthday celebrations be as memorable... without all the chicken choking.

To view all photos from the party, you can go here: Traci's Birthday

Bill and Traci

1 comment:

D. Wagner said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Traci!

Welcome to the club:)