Sunday, October 25, 2009

My man cave rocks!!

For the past month or so Traci has been threatening to turn the garage into a man cave for me. I think the plan was put into motion about a year ago, when we purchased a refrigerator for $20 and she has slowly been working on the transformation. Phase two was to have the cable guy run a drop to the T.V. that miraculously showed up on top of the refrigerator. :-)

About two weeks ago, she asked what I thought about putting a Royals' and Chiefs' logo on the wall of the garage. I am sure I just mumbled something like "yeah, sounds great...blah blah blah". Last week, as I was pulling into the garage I noticed an overhead projector and the outline of the logo's. To add to the magic of my new man cave, I purchased an old school Royals garbage can at an estate sale for $1.50. The last surprise came when I was driving home Thursday or Friday night. I learned that she found an electronic dart board for $20 on Craig's list. Apparently someone was selling it for $50 about a month ago and Traci emailed them and offered $20. She never heard from them and thought the deal was off; however, received an email indicating that if she wanted it, she could have it for $20. Only Traci could pick up a brand new $190+ dart board for $20...

I spent yesterday putting up the board while she painted the logos. She then spent a good portion of today painting and touching up. Everything is now done with the exception of the white parts of the logos. We ended the night by throwing a few games of darts and enjoying her artwork.







May your man cave be as kick butt as mine!!

Bill and Traci

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Bill and Traci,
That looks great, we can't wait to come over and throw a few games of darts with you guys.

Tabitha said...

Looks great! I remember Traci being artistic. :)