Friday, December 7, 2007

One more time

We made the long drive to South Dakota again. This time for a wedding and an early Christmas with the Dybvig and Wirkus families. Everyone agreed to an early Christmas as we will be in California on the 25th and the wedding made it convenient to celebrate early.


The drive up was not as bad as the last trip. It snowed last night but the road crews did a fantastic job of cleaning the roads and the trip was not as scary as our last one. We saw about 10 vehicles in the ditch... there was everything from small pick-up trucks to a huge U-haul pulling a car all on their sides and covered in snow.

Last night Traci insisted on driving since she is 1/2 Eskimo and knows how to drive in the snow and ice but conceded this morning when the roads looked pretty good. I was thankful as I am pretty much a control freak when it comes to driving. I am confident that the control freak comes from being in too many accidents where I wasn't driving.


Today was also a celebration of our 1 year engagement anniversary. It was difficult for me to decided what day to ask her to marry as I needed the day to be easy for me to remember and also one that Traci would not guess (she is a very good guesser). Pearl Harbor was the perfect day as it is a day that I can remember and one that Traci did not guess.

We hope all is well with you and Merry Christmas (early).

No comments: