Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We did our duty


This is the first year that I can honestly say that I paid attention to who was running for office and voted for the person that I thought would do the best job. Kansas is one of the states that allows for early voting so Traci went in last week and took care of business and I went in this morning. The county that we live in is kind of special in that it is the only one in Kansas that was allowed to vote at 6am and the rest of Kansas had to wait until 7am.


I got up at 5:30 and got ready to head to the polls. I arrived about 5:55am and waited in line with about 50 other people. To my surprise, I was out of there in less than 20 minutes and on my way. I was surprised to see that almost everyone I ran into at work had voted or were going to take the time to go vote later in the day.


After work, I went to they gym and spent about 30 minutes on the stairclimber watching the news and listening to the reports come in regarding the results of the election. I was glued to the set listening as each state turned in their results and excited to see how close the race was.


As I am typing this, the results from the West coast came in and Obama was projected to be our next President. VERY EXCITING!

Although the election was exciting, the best part of this night is yet to come...because there will no longer be any election commericals on the TV and radio! That is really VERY EXCITING!

Take care,

Bill and Traci

No comments: