Monday, November 24, 2008

...A lot like Christmas


Yeah...

I typically like to wait until after Thanksgiving to start listening to Christmas music or pulling out the lights and tree. So, when Traci got all wound up about putting up the lights, deer, and tree I went on the defensive. As I lay watching the Chiefs get worked over this past weekend, I could hear the faint thud of a staple gun. She started without me...

The only thing going through my mind was a vision of me walking outside and seeing Traci sprawled out on the driveway with a string of lights wrapped around her body, staple gun in one hand and the other hand grasping for the ladder that she just fell off of. Needless to say, I ended up going outside and helping her put up the house lights.

We purchased a new ladder over the past year that was high enough to reach the inside ceiling but low enough to not reach the gutters. After watching Traci stretch and stand on tippy-toes, the neighbor offered their extension ladder to us. Unfortunately, there is a weight limit on most aluminum ladders and of course I was just over the limit. :-)

Traci was a trooper and had the lights put up in no time at all. Later that night we took a walk around the neighborhood to look at the competition. There was only one house that came close.

So being the Pre-Thanksgiving-bah-humbug guy that I am I still insisted that we keep the lights off until after Thursday. Traci agreed and unplugged the lights. It didn't last very long as I came home tonight and thought about how much joy it brought her to see the deer heads bobbing up and down.

Bottom line: The lights are on and they are beautiful. I guess there is a first for everything including me getting into the Christmas spirit 5 days early.

I hope the Christmas Spirit finds you all soon!!

Bill and Traci

No comments: