Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nerves of steel

Have you ever heard of the expression "Curiosity Killed the Cat"? If you have not, go adopt a cat and you will soon learn what that means. I have owned cats almost all of my adult life and to date none of them have disappointed me with their fearless adventures.

Funny story #1: I almost smothered Connick last year when we were putting a skirting around bottom of the bed. I lifted the mattress up to put on one side of the skirting and then set it back down. Within seconds I heard a strange moaning sound coming from under the bed and immediately thought one of the cats was coughing up a hairball. Traci and I looked around and couldn't locate the ill feline. Then we thought the noise was coming from the T.V. so we lowered the volume and still heard the sound. It hit me all at once and I realized that Connick might have moved under the mattress when I had it raised. I lifted the mattress up and he came stumbling out gasping for every little kitty breath he could get. After about 5 minutes of gasping, he came back around and was ready for his next adventure.

Funny story #2: This past weekend, I needed to change one of really really high light builbs in the living room. I pulled out the 18 ft. ladder and set it up in the general vicinity of the light. I then went and grabbed a new bulb, a dust rag (Traci figured that if I was up that high I might as well dust off the fan), and a light bulb removing tool that is nothing more than a long pole with a suction cup. By the way, that is one of our favorite wedding gifts!! THANKS!

As I walking back to the ladder, I noticed Mr. Fearless climbing to the top. Once there, he froze and realized there was no easy way down. He thought about jumping to the fan or the fireplace mantle but quickly realized that when he leaned in either direction that the ladder leaned with his fat body. After about 5 minutes, he laid down and waited for one of us to climb up and get him. I think he learned his lesson as he stayed clear of the ladder for the rest of the time that I had it out.

Busted

What meow?

I think I can, I think I can

I know I can, I know I can


ok... Get me down

If you have never owned a cat, I recommend you go out and get one. You will never use words like "No way" or "You have got to be kidding me" or "honey, come quick you have got to see this" unless you own one of these fearless/brainless creatures.

Have a great weekend!


Bill "meow" Traci

No comments: