Saturday, March 14, 2009

5 years already?

Holy cow!!

Can you believe I have been employed with the same company for 5 years? I am not surprised that I am still working for the same company; however, I cannot believe 5 years have come and gone.

Friday we had a company lunch for all those folks who reached this milestone. We went to Skies which is one of the nicer restaurants in Kansas City. This is the same restaurant that I had lunch at before I started. Skies sits atop the Hyatt Regency and rotates 360 degrees over the course of your two hour meal. We were each presented with a real marble clock that includes our names, company logo and "5 year anniversary".

5 year gift

I started with about 52 people and as of Friday there were just 14 of us left. The ones who are left are the ones I thought would have lasted this long as they are passionate about what they do and are driven by challenge.

My Start group

I hope you are enjoying what you do and that time goes by soooo fast you say WOW every now and then. :-) You know the saying.. Time flies when you are having fun.

Take care,

Bill and Traci

1 comment:

Bruce Gulde said...

It will be 4 years tomorrow (Tax Day) that Tamara and I loaded up the Expedition and Jeep and left Long Beach for Ouray, Colorado. Yes, time flies and we have had plenty of adventures since then.