Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring!

Okay, so as many of you know Bill is the blog-master in our household. I just have not gotten into the whole blogging thing yet. Guess it's because anything I would write about, Bill has already blogged about : ) Plus, I am a huge fan of talking on the phone!

But, I finally have a topic to blog about...the weather in Kansas City.

First, a little background to those of you who don't know me as well. I grew up in South Dakota and lived there my entire life until accepting a teaching position in Kansas City 9 years ago. Now, South Dakota has 4 lovely seasons which consist of almost winter, winter, colder winter, and summer. Therefore I never truly experienced the lovely Spring weather that I now get here in Kansas City. I must admit, this is my favorite time of the year.


I think it is several factors that make me love Spring so much: the temperature (obvious), the flowers begin to bloom, everything begins to turn green and so full of life, the birds return, gardening begins, and the wonderful smells of Spring return.

Now, I don't know if I just realized how wonderful Spring is this year because of the extremely cold winter we had, or if it is because I had my 30th birthday this last year and I am getting old. (It always seemed to me things like birds and flowers are associated with the old people because my Grandfather loved them so much).

Regardless of why I appreciate it so much more now doesn't matter. It's just great to have had that change in my life. It really gives more meaning to the old phrase "Stop and Smell the Roses."


Traci and Bill

No comments: