Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How do you define a friend?

The picture below was taken about 8 years ago at Magic Mountain in California. We were getting ready to go into the park for a day of roller coaster madness when the camera people stopped us to take this picture. I purchased the picture later that day as it was one of the best times I had had in a while. I screamed like a girl the entire day. :-)
Me, Mike and Patrick McQueen

This picture has had a place on the top of my desk through all those years. It made the move from Tustin to Tucson and now with me in Kansas City. The other day I was looking at it and realized that I had a fanny pack on... funny, I didn't remember ever wearing one of them back in the day. ;-) So I asked Patrick, the guy in flip-flops, if he noticed that I wore a fanny pack. He laughed so hard and said "yeah man, I remember that fanny pack". I asked him why he never said anything to me or gave me crap and he said "that was just you".


So to answer my question: A friend is someone who will hang out with you regardless of how dorky you look. :-)


I hope you find and stay in touch with your true friends!


Bill

1 comment:

Bruce Gulde said...

Hey, I used to wear a fanny pack while running the trails with the Hash House Harriers. I had no pockets in my shorts to carry my keys, ID, etc. However, some Hashers did make comments about my fanny pack. They must not have been friends, or else they were just acting like Hashers. :-)

ON ON
Bruce "8 Yellow snow" Gulde