Saturday, April 4, 2009

Oh boy

A while back the company I work for asked me to do a recruiting interview. The taping was to take place in a part of town known for its cool shops, fancy restaurants and basically a nice place to spend the day walking around, The Country Club Plaza.

As most of you know, I do not fair well in high heat and humidity. As luck would have it, the day of the interview the temperature was warm and the humidity level was just enough to suck the moisture out of my body.

The interview was 30+ minutes of them asking questions and me answering them with little to no thought behind what I was going to say. I am usually not short on words; however, with a two cameras in my face I found it difficult to remember my name.

About a month later, I received an email letting me know that the recruiting video had been edited and I could view it. I was pleased to see that they only used about 5 seconds of my entire interview. I think I said something like, "The Chief, Royals, blah blah blah.... :-)

This past weekend I took a recruiting trip to Arizona and made the most shocking discovery. The remaining portion of the interview was used and put on the Cerner recruiting site for all the world to see.

If you go to the link below and click on "Campus Candidates", you will go to a new page that has 5 silhouettes. Hover until you find me and click to enjoy my sweating story.

http://www.cernercareers.com/

Take care and I hope your surprises are a big as mine!!

Bill

No comments: